India and Bangladesh on 6 September 2011 signed a historic protocol on land boundary agreement following the talks between Prime Minister Mahmohan Singh and Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in Dhaka. During the visit of Manmohan Singh to Bangladesh, India and Bangladesh signed the following agreements:
- Framework Agreement on Cooperation for Development
- Protocol to the Agreement concerning the demarcation of the Land Boundary between India and Bangladesh and related matters
- MOU between India and Bangladesh to facilitate Overland Transit Traffic between Bangladesh and Nepal
- Memorandum of Understanding for Cooperation in Renewable Energy
- Memorandum of Understanding on Conservation of the Sunderban
- Protocol on Conservation of the Royal Bengal Tiger of the Sunderban
- Memorandum of Understanding on Cooperation in Fisheries
- Memorandum of Understanding on Cooperation between Doordarshan and Bangladesh Television
- Memorandum of Understanding on Cooperation between Jawaharlal Nehru University and Dhaka University
- Agreement of Cooperation between National Institute of Fashion Design (NIFT), India and BGMEA Institute of Fashion Technology (BIFT), Bangladesh.
The Government of the Republic of India signed a Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) with Uruguay for the avoidance of double taxation and for the prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income and on capital on 8th September, 2011. The Agreement was signed in New Delhi by MC Joshi, Chairman, Central Board of Direct Taxes on behalf of the Government of India and by Cesar Ferrer, Ambassador of Uruguay to India, on behalf of the Oriental Republic of Uruguay.